Thursday, April 28, 2011

A Night of Storms in Alabama

I am piecing together some news about the tornado damage and possible relief efforts in Alabama.

So far, I know that a friend of Matt Chancey was killed. He was the father of 13, protecting his children – also a member of Briarwood Presb. Matt is heading home from Africa to help.


I’ve contacted MNA disaster relief, but have not heard back from them. I’ve contacted Jeff Pate, but have not heard back.

Then there is Tuscaloosa. Julian and Barbara are heading up to help the Britts (Wes and Katie). They lost their home and possessions, but they are ok. We will see how our church can help, so more info to come.

Please pray and I will convey concrete news and ways to help as I can. 130 lost lives is a tremendous loss to many families. Our hope to work with the PCA churches there for a wider Gospel impact for the needs

Todd Baucum, Pastor

(From Lindsay Townsend….)

To everyone that has asked how they can help the BOYD/BRITT family...Some are sending a prepaid gift card to them via Jackie Boyd. Her address is Jackie Boyd 1761 Commons North Loop, SUITE 3104, Tuscaloosa, Al 35406.

No comments: