Tuesday, November 15, 2011

What He Must Be..if he wants to marry my daughter


As far as I know we are not related, but this is a brother in Christ (pastor, father,and author, Voddie Baucham, Jr.) who nails it right on the head and speaks with wisdom, depth and Gospel soaked grace on key issues of raising daughters and guiding young men to become the catylist for a true change for future generations in our families. I read this and just want to shout, buy more copies and send them to every Dad I know.

Here's a snipet:

"My hope for this book is that those who read it will experience God's grace in new and marvelous ways. I believe we can bring about a change in the way we view manhood, womanhood, and marriage. I believe we can plant seeds inn the lives of our children that will grow and bear much fruit in generations to come. I also believe that if we don't, we will continue down the current destructive path, and the results will be catastrophic....It goes without saying that marriage is the key to multigenerational legacy. God, in his sovereignty, created man to live, thrive, and multiply in the context of the covenant of marriage." (page 25)

"This book is built on a single, simple premise: I believe fathers have a God-given responsibility to see to it that thier daughters marry well and that thier sons become worthy husbands. As such, I believe it is necessary for fathers to model biblical manhood, teach biblical manhood, and hunt for biblical manhood on on behalf of their daughters..." (pg. 27)

No comments: