Monday, April 19, 2010

Banner of Truth Conference - May 25-27


I recommend going to this year's Banner of Truth Conference and I tip my hat for these guys going for a line up of men who are not "conference big names". I thank God for those gifted and blessed ministries that are doing kingdom work (we know them), but for those "unknown" Kingdom laborers whose giftings are no less impressive, especially to the heart of God, I am most grateful. Plus, one can avoid the silly groupies that hang out at other conferences. Come and be blest by the Word and the Spirit's ministry and the fellowship of fellow pastors, and servants "for Jesus' sake."

There is no financial kickback for this endorsement. It is however, an unashamed praise of a good friend who mentored me and many other men in their early years - a man in whom Christ's likeness shines forth and who preaches and lives the glory of the Gospel. Lowell Sykes is the retired pastor of Rivermont Presbyterian Church in Lynchburg - the place where a wavering lamb found refreshment in the well of Reformed faith and a pastor who gave me truth wrapped in love.
go and sign up : http://www.banneroftruth.org/pages/events/usconfexhib.php

No comments: